This Scrutiny Committee came into being on 1st January 2006, and replaces the former Environment and Front Line Services Overview and Scrutiny Committee.
Regeneration & Development Overview & Scrutiny Committee
The full portfolio for this Committee is as follows:
To fulfil all the functions of an overview and scrutiny committee in relation to the environment, and in particular (but not limited to):
- all of the functions and duties of the council insofar as they relate to environmental health, including street cleansing, recycling and refuse collection and air quality management and pollution control;
- strategic planning;
- community safety;
- the wardens service;
- CCTV and enforcement;
- emergency planning, flooding and coastal protection;
- landscape, urban design and conservation;
- all of the functions and duties of the council in relation to development and building control;
- the preparation, implementation and maintenance of traffic management and highway schemes and initiatives;
- matters in relation to LA 21;
- in particular to fulfil the overview and scrutiny role in relation to the development of the council's air quality action plan, development plan, food law enforcement service plan, local transport plan and waste strategy;
- the development of the council's rural strategy;
- housing strategy;
- the regeneration of communities in the area and the physical regeneration of the area including being the scrutiny committee for matters within the remit of the Medway Renaissance Partnership; and
- scrutiny of work areas within the remit of the Director of Regeneration and Development.
The Overview and Scrutiny Committees now have 12 members each, and are chaired by members of the ruling group.
Go to top of page
Go to the Home (Front) Page